Goods and Services:
- If the total commitment is $100 or more:
Before committing the College’s money, you must have a written pre-approval form signed by your budget supervisor. Do not break up larger purchases into multiple orders of less than $100. This includes charges to College credit cards.
- If the amount is $500 or more:
Get your supervisor’s signature, then send the form to the officer responsible. You must get the form back, countersigned by the College officer responsible for your area, before you commit $500 or more of PC funds.
- If the amount is $5,000 or more:
The form must further be countersigned by the Executive Director of Business Operations, the VP for Finance and Administration, or the President if the amount exceeds $5,000. Your officer will arrange for this approval, after he or she signs the form. Do not commit $5,000 or more of PC money before the form is returned to you with all three required signatures.
- If the amount is $500 or more:
Contracts may be signed on behalf of the College only by one of the following:
Provost, VP Finance, VP Student Life, or Athletic Director. A contract may impose liability on the College that can potentially far exceed the contract amount. The President and the VP for Finance must countersign most contracts. Send contracts to your officer with adequate lead time.
Obtain a W9.
Please have any new vendor, including individuals, fill out a W9, the Request for Taxpayer Identification Number form. The College is required to have a W9 on file for all vendors. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Aileen Lawton, Accounts Payable (ext. 8210).
Receipts subject to audit.
To meet IRS and audit requirements, officers will review a random sample of all charges in their areas. The Business Office will continue its internal audit of purchasing, with added focus on proper documentation (meeting IRS guidelines).
Travel and Entertainment:
- Develop a budget and get approval in advance for overnight travel:
A Travel and Entertainment (T&E) form must be completed prior to any overnight travel or any travel that will exceed $100 in total expense.
- Please complete the requester information and budget column and obtain all necessary approvals before arranging travel plans.
- Within 14 days of travel, complete the Travel and Entertainment form (“Actual Expenses” section) and submit a copy of your completed form:
- To your budget manager. Include copies of all receipts.
- To Accounts Payable for out-of-pocket reimbursement. Include original receipts for items to be reimbursed.
- With your credit card statement. Include original receipts.
- For more information, please view the Travel and Entertainment Policy.
- Receipts subject to audit.
To meet IRS and audit requirements, officers will review a random sample of all charges in their areas. The Business Office will continue its internal audit of purchasing, with added focus on proper documentation (meeting IRS guidelines) for travel and entertainment.
Invoices – Ms. Aileen Lawton, Accounts Payable, extension 8210 (864-833-8210)
Credit Card Statements – Ms. Aileen Lawton, Accounts Payable, extension 8210 (864-833-8210)
Mr. Michael Chasteen, Controller, extension 8477 (864-833-8477)